Sunday, January 11, 2009

FHE

Ok, Mom and Hilary have hit on a fun family communication plan here. Best way to figure it out is to use it, so here goes.
Today I was the concluding speaker in Sacrament meeting. The topic was Family Home Evening. Well, knowing that the other three speakers before me would have already saturated the basics, I decided to talk more about making our homes a haven against Satan and the evil influences of the world and to address the larger responsibility of parents to be teachers. I used a First Presidency Message from Pres. Kimball from August 1982. Of course, to make it interesting I threw in several personal stories and examples of our FHE's and Family Councils over the years. I think it went well and I got my message across.
So to you adult Glaziers who are away from our safe haven, start now to establish the "traditions" of FHE each week in your lives. There are great blessings that come from following this admonition of the prophets, in fact, as I said today, the lives you are living, the choices you are making, the close loving relationships that we have and the way you are following the Savior ARE the great blessings promised to mom and me when we started holding FHE and Family Councils as newly weds. Thank you all for being such awesome, righteous children. XOXO  -Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment