Friday, January 23, 2009

The Reunification of the Glazier Brothers


"Overall relations between the North and the South have developed in favor of national reconciliation, unity and reunification." -Kim Jong Il (hahahahahahaha)
So as most of you know I was recently accepted to the BYU Marriott School MBA Program. This was great news for our family (the C and E Clan) and the culmination of a lot of effort and prayers. I'm pretty stoked and we are excited for all the opportunities this will provide for us in the future. One of the biggest underlying stories here is that for the first time since 1999 all four of the brothers will be living in the same city. We've had three of us in the same place off and on during the last 10 years but its always felt a little melancholy with one bro out of the mix and probably on a mission. Feeling this excited reminded me of the preview for Step Brothers:
Dale Doback: Can we turn our beds into bunkbeds? Brennan Huff: It will give us so much extra space in our room to do activities! Dr. Robert Doback: You're adults, you can do what you want. Dale Doback: This is the funnest night ever!
I remember a lot of nights that felt just like that growing up, minus being adults. There was always something fun happening and someone to laugh about it with. I don't know how our wives would feel about bunkbeds, but I'm sure there will be plenty of fun times. Also, from what I've heard this would set up a tri-fecta of Glazier Graduates in the Spring of 2011 (Dustin, Todd, and Myself). It won't be the same as when we were young but I don't think I could have planned it any better if I had tried. So get the Nerf Guns, Video Games, and Illegal Fireworks ready for the greatest reunification since Kaiser Wilhelm and Otto von Bismarck.

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited too! Next year is going to be really crazy but it will be so fun to live close to almost the whole Glazier fam. I just have to say... we better have a few of our own girl parties sometime along the way.

    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, this is awesome. yeah, it is so bizarro that we will all be here. I honestly never thought we would all be here. of course we can't leave hilary out, hopefully she'll be here fall of '10. good times indeed. I just hope you guys can adjust to the cold. seriously, it's ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete