Monday, January 12, 2009

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

    Well, I guess I'll be the first of the kids to write here. I was actually just looking at the Graff's Family blog and it looks like they really have a good time keeping up with each other's lives through their blog. I hope we can evolve into this blog into a medium of family news, laughter, and general awesomeness. It's crazy to think how far we've all come in our lives and how quickly we have each embarked on new paths to begin our families. Christmas break was a fun time to get us all together and remember just how intense our personalities are when heavily concentrated and packed together in a snowed-in house. And I must say, Mom did an awesome job of out-doing herself with cooking, decorating, and basically assuming the role of Martha Stewart. I'm still trying to work off all the food I ate, but it was worth it and Lisa and I had such a good time.

    But alas, with a New Year comes new begginings and new routines. I have started up school again and am absolutely loving it. I think my Biology and Diving class are my favorites so far. My diving class is a blast because all we do is just swim for an hour and we get credit for it. Boo ya! As for Biology, my professor is one of the highest rated teachers at BYU on www.ratemyprofessor.com and really makes taking Biology an enjoyable experience. So far Physics is entertaining, but essentially kicking my trash. I hate the physics lab - Essentially it consists of sitting in a room for 3 hours, with my 3 lab partners who have never taken Physics before and ask dumb questions while I end up doing most of the problem solving and they just copy it down afterwards. It's almost like high school all over again *shudder*. Oh well, I guess college isn't ALL about fun, but I'd sure like partners that knew what they were doing.

    Lisa is doing well. Her job at Spinal Interventions continues to undermine her intellect, however she keeps a smile and works hard and helps pay all our many bills and expenses. I guess you could call her my "sugar mama" :) . We are enjoying our married student ward, after finally finding the right one (took us 3 tries). It's definitely different from a family ward, but unfortunately is too much like a singles ward. Basically, it's a singles ward with babies. Lots and lots of babies, and there are more every week it seems like. No callings yet, but we're not too worried about that, all in good time.

    That's about it for now, but hope to see more of you posting news/pictures and we will try to do this as well

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting Todd! I think we're on our way to fun with this-
    MOM

    ReplyDelete